Soooo……I have been having all these questions rolling around in my head and I think it’s time I put pen to paper and really think about them.
1 – Do I, as a Christ-follower, have to go to church?
2 – Do I have to wear certain clothes?
3 – Do I have to speak a certain way?
– I DO need fellowship with other believers but it doesn’t have to be in a church building.
– I DO need ‘corporate’ worship but again, not necessarily in a church building.
– Christians in the book of Acts weren’t defined by the clothes they were so obviously I don’t haveta wear ‘christian’ shirts – they were defined by what they did
– I obviously don’t need to be cussing up a storm (can’t go back on the whole cussing thing) but I don’t have to say ‘thee, thy and thou’ or refer to people as ‘brother and sister’
These were the original questions – I have some more questions to add to that
– Does worship (in a corporate setting) have to happen only on Sunday?
– How much fellowship with ‘unbelievers’ is allowed?
– Is there such a thing as a ‘wrong’ kind of music? If so, why?
– What sins are acceptable? Which ones aren’t?
– How do we reach out and enter someone’s world without becoming like them? Without losing ourselves?
– And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart – Acts 2:46